Online Running Log

Topic: New Shoes (any input?)

[Posted 4/24/2012 3:15:22 AM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[africaavery]

Total posts: 1
Registered member.
Registered member.

I just got the Brooks PureFlows. The reviews are great. Has anyone else run in them? 

Thanks for the input :)

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 4/24/2012 4:45:30 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[encee43]

Total posts: 202
Registered member.
Registered member.

I ran in the grits over the winter very similar fit and feel to the flows. They're great, they make it easy to be efficient in. The pure connects suck though.

[Posted 4/24/2012 4:58:31 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6843
Registered member.
Registered member.

africaavery wrote:

I just got the Brooks PureFlows. The reviews are great. Has anyone else run in them? 

Thanks for the input :)

I have the Pure Connect and have put a lot of miles on them.  The pair I use now (I have another pair I haven't touched yet) has over 450 miles on them.  I'm thinking I can get 500 easy.  The soles are pretty much worn out and I haven't done more than 13 miles in a single run on them.  They are pretty much a road shoe and you have be careful in the ran with sharp turns.  I dig them though.

[Posted 8/30/2012 9:06:31 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[SamualMoughler]

Total posts: 2
Registered member.
Registered member.

Ya, I have the PureConnects, and I have to say they work pretty awesome. I got them a month ago and have put over a hundred on them. I use them for speed and threshold workouts and I would recommend them. I also use Nike Triax structure 15s, they are my work horse shoes. I've had four previous pairs and have used them for about 1100 miles each. It is a neutral ride shoe but offers some support. Overall, I'd say that they're the best running shoe I've ever ran in.

[Posted 9/7/2012 3:43:40 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[ThomasGales]

Total posts: 19
Registered member.
Registered member.

ive got the pureCadences and i love them. im on my second pair now and theyre super comfortable. practically seamless transition from adrenaline GTS's

[Posted 9/8/2012 4:14:05 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[donmurf]

Total posts: 1156
Registered member.
Registered member.

are the pure connect minimal shoes?

I've always been a fan of ASICs but wouldn't mind finding a pair of decent 'regular' running shoes after I wear out my current pair.

[Posted 9/8/2012 6:23:41 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6843
Registered member.
Registered member.

donmurf wrote:

are the pure connect minimal shoes?

I've always been a fan of ASICs but wouldn't mind finding a pair of decent 'regular' running shoes after I wear out my current pair.

PureConnects are minimalist shoes.  After running in other minimalist shoes, I must say I find them on the narrow side.  I believe Brooks' Pure line of minimalist shoes has a type that is wider in the forefoot.  

Like everyone else, it sucks when you find a shoe you love and works perfect for you because the shoe companies will go and change it.  I don't get it.  Levis haven't changed in decades.  But I'm sure smarter people than me have proven you have to change with running shoes (and cars) in order to keep them alive.

[Posted 9/11/2012 10:08:40 PM]  New Shoes (any input?)

[ahstfxc]

Total posts: 5
Registered member.
Registered member.

I've had them for about a month now and really like them as a secondary shoe. I usually just do 4-6 miles in them but occasionally will go 12 or so. I also use a shoe with a full heal so I don't put too much strain on Calves/achilles but used properly they're great and are in my opinion the most comfortable and soft feeling "minimal shoe".

My advice is to use them in moderation and rotate it with a standard running shoe.

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.