Online Running Log

Topic: vibram 5 fingers

[Posted 6/2/2010 12:00:50 AM]  vibram 5 fingers

[edetheeagle]

Total posts: 15
Registered member.
Registered member.

I just wanna know of any runners right now who have them....and anything good or bad I'm debating on switching

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 6/2/2010 12:04:24 AM]  vibram 5 fingers

[BrewPat v2]
Total posts: ?
Member undercover.
Member undercover.

[Posted 6/2/2010 8:50:10 AM]  vibram 5 fingers

[Vyto]

Total posts: 17
Registered member.
Registered member.

They're interesting shoes. They definitely take awhile to get used to. Your calves are going to feel like rocks for days if not weeks unless you already do a lot of minimalist training. I've only been using them for a few weeks and I already notice that I feel more efficient when I run.

[Posted 6/3/2010 1:27:48 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[edetheeagle]

Registered member.
Registered member.

I've been trying to do about ten minutes barefoot daily but my toes keep getting rub raw

[Posted 7/1/2010 9:14:45 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[run2christ]

Total posts: 2
Registered member.
Registered member.

I used them and love them. They are great to run in. Just ease in, and make sure to cosntantly practice with them, cause if you go for awhile without using them you lose some of that strength in your feet.

[Posted 7/1/2010 9:47:45 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[EdgarAllenPwn]
Total posts: ?
Member undercover.
Member undercover.

e.g.duvall wrote:

This message has been deleted by: lbeaglexc. On: Jul 1 2010 10:32PM

vibram 5 fingers

[Posted 7/1/2010 10:08:04 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[cohenjed]

Total posts: 53
Registered member.
Registered member.

EdgarAllenPwn wrote:

vibram 5 fingers

Awesome!

[Posted 7/1/2010 10:09:46 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6828
Registered member.
Registered member.

e.g.duvall wrote:

This message has been deleted by: lbeaglexc. On: Jul 1 2010 10:32PM

Wrap your feet in newspaper. Or maybe you could have someone's grandmother knit you boots to wear. Perhaps, just perhaps, you could dip your tootsies in hot tar.

Seriously kid, what the hell are you looking for? Rubbing and cuts from blades of grass? If you want to run on grass, find a football field or a golf course. Or maybe you can figure this thing out for yourself by trial and error.

[Posted 2/15/2011 3:23:22 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[edetheeagle]

Registered member.
Registered member.

No i was running legittly on pavement without shoes

[Posted 2/15/2011 3:43:47 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[TysonLee]

Total posts: 104
Registered member.
Registered member.

BrewPat wrote:

Wrap your feet in newspaper. Or maybe you could have someone's grandmother knit you boots to wear. Perhaps, just perhaps, you could dip your tootsies in hot tar.

Seriously kid, what the hell are you looking for? Rubbing and cuts from blades of grass? If you want to run on grass, find a football field or a golf course. Or maybe you can figure this thing out for yourself by trial and error.

good response. just wouldnt be a r2w post without someone being a stupid d**k.

I have run in them and love them. I use them for my easy shorter miles. [run2christ] posts are very accurate.

[Posted 2/15/2011 3:57:20 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[encee43]

Total posts: 202
Registered member.
Registered member.

edetheeagle wrote:

I just wanna know of any runners right now who have them....and anything good or bad I'm debating on switching

If your looking to run fast. I wouldn't use them for more than 20% or so of you mileage, and instead use a minimal trainer like nike free or whatever. My legs got kinda stale running in them all the time and stride got shorter hard to stretch it back out when i raced, and hard time finding that extra gear when I tried running fast in them. I haven't run or worn them that much over the winter, probably get a couple 5 mile runs a week in them and wear them casually instead of running in them all the time when it starts getting warmer. They are nice on the roads in protecting against that wear on your feet. Really you mine as just keep doing what your doing and running a little bit full barefoot and get some vibram to wear when your not running so you can have better foot health.

[Posted 2/15/2011 5:30:58 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[Seph]

Total posts: 275
Registered member.
Registered member.

EdgarAllenPwn wrote:

vibram 5 fingers

What the hell is that?  Sounds like some kind of depraved sex act.

[Posted 2/16/2011 1:55:47 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[donmurf]

Total posts: 1142
Registered member.
Registered member.

I have some and I like them.  I've used them on a few 10Ks in the summer and they're swell.  Takes some time to get used to stepping properly, but you'll get used to them or you'll pitch them.

[Posted 2/17/2011 5:54:02 PM]  vibram 5 fingers

[jacklargess]

Total posts: 2
Registered member.
Registered member.

i did a lot of my (small, slow) base in them this summer... but i had a nice break in may where i was able to run 1-3 miles a day to eeeaaasssiiilly break into them. like encee43 said, your stride'll get tons smaller. but i ran barefoot on the roads for a while- try not pushing off from your calves as much? of couse i stopped because i stepped on a rock the wrong way and couldnt walk for a week... on asphalt and gravel, vff's and barefoot just dont seem to cut it for hard training, but i guess if your feet dont get hurt, there's no way the rest of your body would

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.