Online Running Log

Topic: Ready to excel

[Posted 1/8/2008 4:28:20 PM]  Ready to excel

[multimama]

Total posts: 27
Registered member.
Registered member.

I'm definitely a rec runner. I've been a "runner" off and on for about 17years. I love being active but especially the solitude of jogging/running. It's the most fulfilling for me.

I ran my first official 5K last year...and then completed two more. It kinda brought out the competitive me again. Instead of running against myself and just for the health benefits, I now visualize the race!

However, I'm a Mom to toddler triplets. They can be exhausting and make it a challenge for me to want to run in the evenings after they go to bed. Sooo, when I heard about this awesome site I decided to join. I think logging my runs and workouts are gonna help keep me motivated. My goal this year.....5K under 30 minutes.

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 1/8/2008 4:46:34 PM]  Ready to excel

[Doug E.]

Total posts: 141
Registered member.
Registered member.

Welcome!
As a father of twin three year old boys, I can sympathize with you. When my boys were born I learned very quickly that I had to take what they gave me time wise. Hopefully your husband can help you out a bit. I'm sure that you need that time for your own sanity, as well as physical well being.

[Posted 1/8/2008 5:03:27 PM]  Ready to excel

[Sarah]

Total posts: 739
Registered member.
Registered member.

They are ADORABLE!! :-)

Good luck on your 5k goal. Logging on r2w can definitely be a motivator, I hope it works well for you.

[Posted 1/8/2008 5:07:00 PM]  Ready to excel

[Hoya]

The Boss

Total posts: 3631
Registered member.
Registered member.

Sarah wrote:

Good luck on your 5k goal. Logging on r2w can definitely be a motivator, I hope it works well for you.

You have to love this girl! Big supporter of r2w...

[Posted 1/8/2008 10:35:26 PM]  Ready to excel

[christyv]

Total posts: 82
Registered member.
Registered member.

Way to go, mama! I'm mom to 6-year-old twins and almost-8-year-old big sis, I can understand why you'd be tired at the end of the day! At the same time, don't you cherish the alone time? ;) My girls are starting to ask when they can go running with me so I might have to start sharing some of the time on the trail with them this spring. I have to say, toddler-hood was tough. For us, things started get much easier with the twins when they hit about 5 years old (of course, that's about the time they started getting on each other's nerves instead of mine!)

Welcome to the site. I don't post much (except here in the new rec board) but I do like the ability to log my runs. It's good to be able to look back at the past months, especially when I'm getting frustrated with myself. Another motivator (offline) that helps when I'm worn out from the day: find a local running group. A running store in town offers group runs/training so I joined that to help motivate me to get out there. I have to admit, there were evenings where I'd rather have taken a nap but made it out for one of the group runs. Can you find a local group to join? I missed a couple group outings last summer and then had to explain my absence, kept me on track!

[Posted 1/8/2008 10:48:28 PM]  Ready to excel

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6826
Registered member.
Registered member.

Sarah wrote:

Yeah, this site is a great motivator. Look what it has done for Hoya (see, I didn't need to say that).

[Posted 1/8/2008 11:30:20 PM]  Ready to excel

[al bundy]

KWF

Total posts: 3044
Registered member.
Registered member.

multimama wrote:

I'm definitely a rec runner. I've been a "runner" off and on for about 17years. I love being active but especially the solitude of jogging/running. It's the most fulfilling for me.

I ran my first official 5K last year...and then completed two more. It kinda brought out the competitive me again. Instead of running against myself and just for the health benefits, I now visualize the race!

However, I'm a Mom to toddler triplets. They can be exhausting and make it a challenge for me to want to run in the evenings after they go to bed. Sooo, when I heard about this awesome site I decided to join. I think logging my runs and workouts are gonna help keep me motivated. My goal this year.....5K under 30 minutes.

Welcome aboard. With the help of those on this site, you'll be reaching new heights in no time.

You may also reach some all-time lows if you choose to post in threads started by marylandexc. Just kidding, marylandexc. You definitely keep things interesting around here for all of us 20-somethings.

[Posted 1/9/2008 8:17:47 PM]  Ready to excel

[multimama]

Total posts: 27
Registered member.
Registered member.

Yea, I've joined a local runner's club as well. They have great "summer runs" every Monday from June to August. I attended just a few last year...but plan to do all of them this year. They keep me updated on all the races too.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, the kiddos are sleeping, I'm gonna hit the treadmill now.

[Posted 1/9/2008 9:58:00 PM]  Ready to excel

[jmclenn1]

Total posts: 80
Registered member.
Registered member.

make sure you log all the miles you run trying to catch your kids....lol. I'm impressed

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.