Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Posted 5/10/2010 5:20:38 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[13gentj]

Total posts: 236
Registered member.
Registered member.

Seriously we need to somehow stop the people from saying that they ran like 700 miles the first day of the week just so that they can be on the top 20 list. Seriously. It's not funny and honestly is really annoying.

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 5/10/2010 5:37:19 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[JamesK15]

Total posts: 303
Registered member.
Registered member.

Many of them aren't posting to get in the top twenty or be a douche. They post to make up for mileage over the past months that they have not logged. For these people, we should be patient. Tell them what they have done wrong because more likely than not, they have no idea.

For the few who are posting to be a pest, try to ignore them. They want to get a rise out of us and so far its worked everytime. lets calm down people. there are more important things in life than having your name on a leaderboard on a website.

[Posted 5/10/2010 5:37:45 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[runsweetlew]

Total posts: 379
Registered member.
Registered member.

I think giving them more attention seems to help the problem.

[Posted 5/10/2010 8:59:26 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Matthew_Zielske]

Total posts: 349
Registered member.
Registered member.

13gentj wrote:

Seriously we need to somehow stop the people from saying that they ran like 700 miles the first day of the week just so that they can be on the top 20 list. Seriously. It's not funny and honestly is really annoying.

I think that if your running career is made important by the top 20 then you have bigger issues. Let it be. Who cares if you are the top of a list? Get out the door, run for yourself and leave it at that. Lists, you people kill me.

[Posted 5/10/2010 9:26:23 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[jdav1500]

Total posts: 126
Registered member.
Registered member.

Zielske the top 20 list is the only reason I even run! The weeks when I'm on top are the most happy of my life! When I'm not on the list I find it hard to go on with my life, I can't sleep or eat. The only thing that really keeps me going is the hope that I can one day be on top again!

[Posted 5/10/2010 10:10:21 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Ayedubbs]

KWF

Total posts: 1482
Registered member.
Registered member.

jdav1500 wrote:

Zielske the top 20 list is the only reason I even run! The weeks when I'm on top are the most happy of my life! When I'm not on the list I find it hard to go on with my life, I can't sleep or eat. The only thing that really keeps me going is the hope that I can one day be on top again!

Agreed.

I was going to say we should hunt down the fakers by Hoya doing some computer genius ish w/ IP addresses or something, and when we find them...we make them run all the miles they fake logged in hopes that they get so tired they run off a bridge. Thus, insuring r2w greatness for all the 'true' runners out there.

However, this only goes for fakers whose names aren't Alejandro...alejandro, alejandro, ale, ale, alejandro...don't call my name, don't call my name, Alejandro, ale, ale, janndrroo. Don't bother me...don't bother me...Alejandro, Alejandro.

[Posted 5/10/2010 10:19:44 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[13gentj]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Well I don't really have a chance at the list. lol I mean, have you seen how many miles I run? lol but yeah I don't think it's fair to all the people who really beat their asses to make it up their when some guy thought it would be funny to say they ran such a great distance. I like to respect the people on those lists because they have really earned it.

[Posted 5/10/2010 10:22:29 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Jesse the Hat]

Total posts: 3811
Registered member.
Registered member.

I was reminded of this:

[Posted 5/10/2010 11:38:31 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Hoya]

The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

Fixed...

[Posted 5/11/2010 12:35:39 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[marylandexc]

KWF

Total posts: 3719
Registered member.
Registered member.

The more important question is

WHAT THE f*** IS "LIEING"?

How have you made it this far?

[Posted 5/11/2010 1:13:29 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[mattjordan525]

KWF

Total posts: 1155
Registered member.
Registered member.

CoffeY wrote:

message has been deleted

I think definition two is the best.

[Posted 5/11/2010 1:34:44 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[DubbsAte]

Total posts: 3058
Registered member.
Registered member.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu.OIlelLLD0ABJZXNyoA?fr2=sg-gac&sado=1&p=ambassador%20hotel%20milwaukee&fr=slv8-hpd05&pqstr=ambassador%20hotel%20&gprid=zKwukAj4SH6z51Xq4Xr9nA&sac=1&sao=1

[Posted 5/11/2010 2:46:11 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[donmurf]

Total posts: 1292
Registered member.
Registered member.

father forgive them for they know not what they do.

[Posted 5/11/2010 3:00:12 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[13gentj]

Registered member.
Registered member.

haha yeah.

[Posted 5/11/2010 8:03:19 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Total posts: 375
Registered member.
Registered member.

jdav1500 wrote:

Ok Jdav spill do you have the Vibrams in stock or not? BTW - I could pick you out of the picture of the start of the mini on the front page of the Indy Star. Either it was or some guy who looked just like you right down to the shoes.

[Posted 5/11/2010 8:05:27 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Ayedubbs wrote:

Agreed.

I was going to say we should hunt down the fakers by Hoya doing some computer genius ish w/ IP addresses or something, and when we find them...we make them run all the miles they fake logged in hopes that they get so tired they run off a bridge. Thus, insuring r2w greatness for all the 'true' runners out there.

However, this only goes for fakers whose names aren't Alejandro...alejandro, alejandro, ale, ale, alejandro...don't call my name, don't call my name, Alejandro, ale, ale, janndrroo. Don't bother me...don't bother me...Alejandro, Alejandro.

Lady Gaga is so hot right now she could sing a Roto Router jingle and it get air play.

[Posted 5/11/2010 8:08:46 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

marylandexc wrote:

Honestly the forums haven't been the same without you. Your ability to dispense with the extraneous bs and get right to the heart of the matter has been sorely lacking. I applaud your return.

[Posted 5/11/2010 8:09:41 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[xcwarrior]

Total posts: 391
Registered member.
Registered member.

jdav1500 wrote:

This about sums up the top 20 to me... though maybe not as bad.

I can't wait until summer is here and I'm not doing three jobs and 70 hours a week so I can do more than 70 miles in a week.

People need to tell the truth on here - this isn't Facebook.

[Posted 5/11/2010 8:14:29 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[cmomrunfast]

Total posts: 544
Registered member.
Registered member.

marylandexc wrote:

In his defense, I don't believe the spell check feature checks the subject... haha! ;)

This thread is amazing...

[Posted 5/11/2010 11:08:35 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[jdav1500]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Here is the scoop the kso's are comeing May 15th and the bikilias at the end of may. That is are april 1 order that we have been waiting forever for! They have been giving us the run around I guess they can't keep up with the demand. We currentely have 40 people on the wait list and it is just going to be first come first serve so if you are on the list and get the call I would book it in! We are supposed to have a June order comeing in as well but after the way this april order went I don't know what to expect. Sorry for the wait!!! Also yes I ran the mini! Frank Shorter called me out too for doing Boston and the Mini on tv. They messed the results up and I ended up in the 5k. It is officially my worst 5k ever!

[Posted 5/12/2010 7:09:11 AM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Ayedubbs]

KWF

Total posts: 1482
Registered member.
Registered member.

CoffeY wrote:

message has been deleted

Psh, not if I can help it.

Yeah, that's a top 20 challenge. ha ha ha.

[Posted 5/12/2010 7:32:30 AM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6936
Registered member.
Registered member.

http://www.beerchurch.com/

[Posted 5/12/2010 8:21:22 AM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[donmurf]

Total posts: 1292
Registered member.
Registered member.

CoffeY wrote:

message has been deleted

Good luck with that. I'm planning on breaking back into it with my patented 1000 mile days.

[Posted 5/12/2010 10:03:34 AM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Jesse the Hat]

Registered member.
Registered member.

BrewPat wrote:

http://www.beerchurch.com/

Photobucket

[Posted 5/12/2010 12:08:14 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[BrewPat]

KWF

Total posts: 6936
Registered member.
Registered member.

Jesse the Hat wrote:

Photobucket

That is an outstanding beer.

[Posted 5/12/2010 1:35:20 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[marylandexc]

KWF

Registered member.
Registered member.

Dono wrote:

Honestly the forums haven't been the same without you. Your ability to dispense with the extraneous bs and get right to the heart of the matter has been sorely lacking. I applaud your return.

Thanks Dono, good to know I still have a fan.

With no more running, and advancing in age to the point of senility, I forget sometimes to sign onto this beloved site.

I shall make an increased effort to nitpick and plague the forums once again, ascending to my former level of awesomeness.

[Posted 5/12/2010 10:13:05 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

jdav1500 wrote:

Here is the scoop the kso's are comeing May 15th and the bikilias at the end of may. That is are april 1 order that we have been waiting forever for! They have been giving us the run around I guess they can't keep up with the demand. We currentely have 40 people on the wait list and it is just going to be first come first serve so if you are on the list and get the call I would book it in! We are supposed to have a June order comeing in as well but after the way this april order went I don't know what to expect. Sorry for the wait!!! Also yes I ran the mini! Frank Shorter called me out too for doing Boston and the Mini on tv. They messed the results up and I ended up in the 5k. It is officially my worst 5k ever!

Crap - no one told me about a wait list. Oh well, I need new shoes so I'll just come in this weekend or call the store. (Note to self check and see if Vibram is a public company.)

[Posted 5/12/2010 10:16:23 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

marylandexc wrote:

Thanks Dono, good to know I still have a fan.

With no more running, and advancing in age to the point of senility, I forget sometimes to sign onto this beloved site.

I shall make an increased effort to nitpick and plague the forums once again, ascending to my former level of awesomeness.

Yes the one thing I did learn from you was to just be awesome. So I take it the accident has ended your running career? Sorry to hear that.

[Posted 5/12/2010 11:19:52 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[marylandexc]

KWF

Registered member.
Registered member.

For the forseeable future it appears as running is a goner. It doesn't mean I won't ever run again, but I need a lot of things to go right. And since my life has been predicated by things only going wrong, I am not confident.

That said, I did actually run a mile the other night. It had been 4 months since the last time I even attempted to run. I managed a 6:16.

Be awesome every day, and never make excuses for being more awesome than anyone else.

[Posted 5/12/2010 11:24:12 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[jdav1500]

Registered member.
Registered member.

The list is just so we call when they come in. We are not going to hold any for anyone it is first come first serve.

[Posted 5/12/2010 11:48:34 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Jesse the Hat]

Registered member.
Registered member.

marylandexc wrote:

For the forseeable future it appears as running is a goner. It doesn't mean I won't ever run again, but I need a lot of things to go right. And since my life has been predicated by things only going wrong, I am not confident.

That said, I did actually run a mile the other night. It had been 4 months since the last time I even attempted to run. I managed a 6:16.

Be awesome every day, and never make excuses for being more awesome than anyone else.

"Be awesome every day, and never make excuses for being more awesome than anyone else."

Now those are some words to live by.

[Posted 5/15/2010 5:34:47 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

jdav1500 wrote:

The list is just so we call when they come in. We are not going to hold any for anyone it is first come first serve.

Wow Dude! Your the new a** clown. What did you do to deserve that! Beat them at that race in New England.

[Posted 5/15/2010 5:40:39 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

marylandexc wrote:

Yes kids those are words to live by! Since your not running anymore I think you should put your Sat Night Fever pic back up. And Card Player those pics of underage girls are disturbing. Almost as disturbing as Running Art's and other folks shirtless homoerotic posses.

[Posted 5/15/2010 9:47:46 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[DubbsAte]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Dono wrote:

Yes kids those are words to live by! Since your not running anymore I think you should put your Sat Night Fever pic back up. And Card Player those pics of underage girls are disturbing. Almost as disturbing as Running Art's and other folks shirtless homoerotic posses.

come on

[Posted 5/15/2010 10:17:40 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[mattjordan525]

KWF

Registered member.
Registered member.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice. I felt this was fitting:

hilarious

[Posted 5/16/2010 10:24:33 AM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[DubbsAte]

Registered member.
Registered member.

mattjordan525 wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice. I felt this was fitting:

hilarious

I disagree.

If the male is 17.. then the youngest he should date is 15
If the male is 18 AND still in highschool.. youngest = 17
If the male is 18 and out of highschool.. woman must be 18+

If the female is over 18.. the guy can be any age.

Like if a male is even just 20 years old.. you know how jacked up that is for him to go after a 17 year old.. or even an 18yr old that still in high school?
----

But joking about it is perfectly fine, because it is hilarious.

[Posted 5/16/2010 7:01:34 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[mattjordan525]

KWF

Registered member.
Registered member.

DubbsAte wrote:

I disagree.

Like if a male is even just 20 years old.. you know how jacked up that is for him to go after a 17 year old.. or even an 18yr old that still in high school?
----

It is. Coach Po said it was hilarious, too.

[Posted 5/16/2010 11:57:40 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Matthew_Zielske]

Total posts: 349
Registered member.
Registered member.

DubbsAte wrote:

I disagree.

----

I dated a girl who was 17 when i was 19. It was fun

[Posted 5/17/2010 8:39:48 PM]  Lieing for the top 20 list.

[Dono]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Look at those hooters!

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.