Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Various Suggestions/Issues

[Posted 1/10/2018 7:37:31 PM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[rknutsonratto]

Total posts: 2
Registered member.
Registered member.

Just started using this running site and seems to be more geared towards team running and not for just individual runners.  That said, if I am idle for more than say 10 minutes even though I have the Keep me Logged In checked I always have to keep logging in which is annoying when other sites I have you will keep me logged in for weeks at a time.

Also, the logging of an activity is really geared towards logging a run.  So if you cross train the options are there to choose some things around that but even the Save button says to save this run instead of just Save.

Entering the length of your activity shouldn't be a drop down.  Just let me key in the hours, minutes, seconds.

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 1/11/2018 10:57:53 AM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[bertharrison]

Total posts: 297
Registered member.
Registered member.

Tell me about it... Welcome to R2W.

[Posted 1/11/2018 1:00:52 PM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[Hoya]

The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

Running2win was started for individual running and still is the main focus of the site.  There is a team aspect but it isn't at all focused on unless you create a team and have members.  If you have a team the only difference to your homepage is that you have a list of teams you are either on or own.  I don't believe there is anything intrusive on an individual 

I'm not sure why you don't stay logged in - the site does keep you logged in via cookies (is anyone else having this issue?  If so please let me know).

I do understand your thoughts about being geared towards logging a run but that is the purpose of the site.  I actually thought the same thing about the save button a number of times but just have not got around to changing it.

In the next version of the site I will be changing the input so that's on its way.

Hope this helps.

[Posted 1/11/2018 2:25:37 PM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[ncaachamp]

Total posts: 194
Registered member.
Registered member.

Don't let the name fool you.

[Posted 1/11/2018 2:58:15 PM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[xcwarrior]

Total posts: 391
Registered member.
Registered member.

Weird, been using this site for like 12 years, never felt like it was more team-oriented vs individual.

As for the log in issue, like Hoya said, check if you are saying cookies, or clicking on the "remember me" button when you log in. Don't have this issue.

Once you dive into all the graphs and charts and running log stuff, it's great for an individual.

[Posted 1/12/2018 9:48:11 AM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[marylandexc]

KWF

Total posts: 3719
Registered member.
Registered member.

I stay logged in even if I'm on my work's VPN at my house. 

I am literally running2win so don't have time to even think about things like this. And I do a fair bit of "cross-training."

[Posted 1/14/2018 5:05:28 PM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[brianhill123456]

Total posts: 9
Registered member.
Registered member.

Since the summer this has been appearing on some of my logs:

ďArgument Ďindexí is not a valid valueĒ

It has only been happening on the app and when I log on on my computer it is fine. Iíve noticed itís been happening to others as well. Itís a small thing but just thought Iíd bring it up. Thanks for all the great work done on this site, donít know what Iíd do without it!

[Posted 1/18/2018 8:17:10 AM]  Various Suggestions/Issues

[JoeyB]

Total posts: 716
Registered member.
Registered member.

The only time I ever get logged out is on my phone if I'm using Chrome it'll log me out as I get on different wifi networks.  If I don't check the site somewhere else though it keeps me logged in.

The team function is great but there's a ton of individual stuff you can do as well as I've been using the site for nearly 12 years.

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.