Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Team Exclusivity
Author Message
 
[Posted 5/10/2007 1:23:08 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Showtime]


Total posts: 42
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

It's been a long time since I've added to this thread, cuz I couldn't be happier with R2W. Keep up the good work guys. One thing though: at the moment, you can either make your profile open to ALL the members of r2w or NONE. My whole team is getting on the site, and we'd like to hide our training from our competitors to keep things mysterious but we'd also like to be able to see each other's logs. At the moment one is able to make the team private, but outside people can still search for individual members of the team and look at their logs. Would it be possible to create an option that makes it so that only your private team can see your profile, and no one else? Thanks for all you guys do.




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 1:39:26 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Showtime]


Total posts: 42
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

Oh, and is there a way to delete a profile? I created a fake profile to check on the privacy stuff, I have no need for it anymore.




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 1:47:25 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Hoya]


The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

I do need to add that feature... Sorry for the oversight. I'll see what I can do as a quick fix to this one. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, rmail me the profile you set up as a test and I'll delete it.




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 3:52:55 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Sarah]


Total posts: 739
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

You can already do that!
Just go into your profile and unclick the thing about allowing R2W to view your log.
But whenever you log your runs, click the share button.
That way your team can see it, but others can't. It's pretty neat. :)




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 4:07:36 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Hoya]


The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

Sarah wrote:


You can already do that!
Just go into your profile and unclick the thing about allowing R2W to view your log.
But whenever you log your runs, click the share button.
That way your team can see it, but others can't. It's pretty neat. :)


Want a job? ;-)




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 4:49:17 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[wheatbenley]


Total posts: 18
Registered member.
Registered member.

Showtime wrote:


It's been a long time since I've added to this thread, cuz I couldn't be happier with R2W. Keep up the good work guys. One thing though: at the moment, you can either make your profile open to ALL the members of r2w or NONE. My whole team is getting on the site, and we'd like to hide our training from our competitors to keep things mysterious but we'd also like to be able to see each other's logs. At the moment one is able to make the team private, but outside people can still search for individual members of the team and look at their logs. Would it be possible to create an option that makes it so that only your private team can see your profile, and no one else? Thanks for all you guys do.


I know that it's important to remain competitive, but let's not be too overwhelming here. If you're really worried about other teams stealing workouts, maybe you should be putting in workouts worth stealing!

Just kidding Showtime, good suggestion for real.




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 7:08:27 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Showtime]


Total posts: 42
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

Enough from you Wheats. We all know you want to steal Crooke's training secrets over at Trin Trin.




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/10/2007 7:10:53 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Showtime]


Total posts: 42
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

And Sarah's suggestion is brilliant, but is there still a way to just make it built in?




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 5/11/2007 12:09:05 PM]  Team Exclusivity

[Sarah]


Total posts: 739
Registered member.
Registered member.

Showtime wrote:


And Sarah's suggestion is brilliant, but is there still a way to just make it built in?


It is automatic if you check this:
Default for sharing individual logged workouts and races
...and UNCHECK this:
Allow other Running2Win members to view your log

I'm done being "brilliant" now, thank you :)

(That job offer still good, Hoya? lol)




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

 
[Posted 12/31/2007 1:23:05 AM]  Team Exclusivity

[knappyrunner]


Total posts: 143
Registered member.
Registered member.

 

ooh, ooh I want a job too... I promise I'm brilliant!




Reply (you need to log in to reply)

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.