Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Dummy accounts

[Posted 6/19/2007 8:45:20 PM]  Dummy accounts

[xcwarrior]

Total posts: 391
Registered member.
Registered member.

Seeing as we have two new ones today, Guitar Hero and Alex Ranson, you think you could make a check system that disallows this? I mean I know there are 100-mile races, but the person should have to have logged X number of runs (you can pick it, I say at least 25-50), otherwise the system won't save the fake run.

Also would have to make sure to not allow something like 10 10-mile runs on the same day either...

Just a thought...

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 6/19/2007 8:54:08 PM]  Dummy accounts

[Jesse the Hat]

Total posts: 3811
Registered member.
Registered member.

Oh these guys are bikers...no that's pretty far even for that. They must be race car drivers. OH! Maybe they're transformers that drive and run....wtf?

[Posted 6/19/2007 9:20:34 PM]  Dummy accounts

[AmbyBurfoot]

Total posts: 6
Registered member.
Registered member.

It would be somewhat hard to regulate though seeing as you might accidentialy delete someone who actually uses their account..Even though it might seem phony to us.

[Posted 6/19/2007 11:18:33 PM]  Dummy accounts

[infinitymiler6]

Total posts: 127
Registered member.
Registered member.

AmbyBurfoot wrote:

It would be somewhat hard to regulate though seeing as you might accidentialy delete someone who actually uses their account..Even though it might seem phony to us.

Yeah valid point. (By the way, are u THE Amby Burfoot that writes in Runner's World - about John J. Kelley and such?) I think this has been mentioned before but they mentioned something about a "6 month" period where if someone didn't check for 6 months, their account will be deleted. So if someone is in fact being phony, I'm sure they'll get tired of logging fake runs so... but why would someone want to be phony? I don't find it the least bit funny...

[Posted 6/20/2007 1:05:18 AM]  Dummy accounts

[Alex Ransom]

Total posts: 1
Registered member.
Registered member.

I'm the one that put the 100 mile run up..i didn't mean to do it, i already deleted it..i was just seeing how many they allowed, not meaning to save it or anything

sorry if that offended any of you

[Posted 6/20/2007 9:55:28 AM]  Dummy accounts

[Jesse the Hat]

Total posts: 3811
Registered member.
Registered member.

What, so you're not a transformer? I'm sure no ones upset. I often put 100 or 110 for a ten mile run and catch it later.

[Posted 6/20/2007 5:58:10 PM]  Dummy accounts

[Sirbek]

KWF

Total posts: 515
Registered member.
Registered member.

I say just make it such that profiles not used in a long time get erased like others have said.
as for the bogus runs, big deal.
ok so some loser thought it would be funny to lie on running2win, really if this site is used correctly, you should not be affected by it and most of the time it is obvious and can easily be ignored.
I just don't see why this matter's al all really

[Posted 6/22/2007 12:35:38 AM]  Dummy accounts

[Jared]

Total posts: 134
Registered member.
Registered member.

I think with the web this is going to happen and the moderators are going to have to deal with it and people make mistakes when just starting out. So I believe what they are doing right now is fine, nothing has ever went unnoticed

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.