Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Cross Training

[Posted 11/10/2005 7:56:55 AM]  Cross Training

[Fuser]

Total posts: 49
Registered member.
Registered member.

Whenever I enter cross training (swimming or biking) and try to submit the workout, the site always prompts me to enter my mileage for the day or select OFF DAY. Two suggestions:
(1) Make it so that the site doesn't prompt mileage for a cross training day (like it doesn't if you select OFF DAY, and
(2) Is it possible to put a weekly mileage counter, or at least a place to enter mileage for cycling?

Thanks. The site is great.

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 11/10/2005 9:56:31 AM]  Cross Training

[Hoya]

The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

Thanks for the suggestions. Good point about the message box... That has now been updated so that 0 miles of Cross Training/Other will not prompt you.

As far as your second question/suggestion - I'm not sure what you mean as far as a weekly mileage counter. However, I may have a solution for cycling mileage: If you want to track miles you enter into r2w for cycling you can add a Run Type call something like: Cycling. Then if, lets say, you run 10 miles on Monday and bike 20 miles you can add 2 workouts for the day. One for the run and one for the bike. I'm working on some reports that will filter by the type of workout.

Let me know if this is what you were thinking.

Again, thanks for the "thumbs up" for the site.

[Posted 11/10/2005 4:57:15 PM]  Cross Training

[AJPennypacker]

Total posts: 298
Registered member.
Registered member.

wouldnt that mess up your weekly run milage and add the 20 miles in to your running?

[Posted 11/10/2005 8:50:27 PM]  Cross Training

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

This is true... Some people on the site do this already. I might have another solution for this but will need to think about it more. So many things to add to the site... So many...

If anyone has another suggestion just let us know!

[Posted 11/11/2005 5:13:09 PM]  Cross Training

[AJPennypacker]

Registered member.
Registered member.

could you possibly make a little mileage box somewhere that is cross training miles and then it adds it up seperate from running mileage?

[Posted 11/12/2005 9:34:29 PM]  Cross Training

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

I'll put that on my list... Not a bad idea.

[Posted 11/14/2005 11:59:18 AM]  Cross Training

[RDRoads]

Total posts: 86
Registered member.
Registered member.

Why not just use a converter... what is it, 3 miles of biking is 1 mile of running? and what a 200 swim is 400 meters worth of running? then the weekly mileage wont be all screwy

[Posted 11/14/2005 4:56:40 PM]  Cross Training

[AJPennypacker]

Registered member.
Registered member.

but personally i dont like to use conversions i take them as completely seperate things

[Posted 11/25/2005 6:06:15 PM]  Cross Training

[Haraka Kimbia]

Total posts: 1
Registered member.
Registered member.

Any conversion from one activity is inherently flawed, because you are talking about two different types of exertion. Cross training is fine, but don't try and equate it to miles run.

[Posted 12/17/2006 12:31:33 PM]  Cross Training

[dana22onu]

Total posts: 2
Registered member.
Registered member.

Question- since the cross training options have been changed, I've noticed that in looking back on days in the past that I elipticalled or swam, it now says I did nothing- is there anyway to bring back what I did? I know how to post it differently now but I don't want my past info lost..

[Posted 8/29/2008 10:57:38 AM]  Cross Training

[scof25]

Total posts: 17
Registered member.
Registered member.

Hoya, Hope all is well in the quest for perfection!! You all are doing a great job. Even with the long dissertation, I hope this represents an easy fix for you:

I've created my own "run types" that represent specific cross training events - a series of named workouts with no running but with timed exercises or reps that will vary each time. Adding them as "run types" seemed to be the best way to track each time I do a named workout. I've come across a problem that I can't work-around. The workouts don't show on the running log graph - no mileage associated. When I apply a mileage as a work-around so it will show but uncheck the "count as mileage" box it still shows up in every tally as "ran mileage". Is there a way to (1) allow us to indicate that these added "run types" are either runs or cross training (another box to check when adding a custom run) to have same characteristics as your already programmed cross training or (2) have runs with 0 mileage show up as as standard box size on the running log graphs. Side note: maybe the "count as running miles" function needs to be looked into.

[Posted 8/29/2008 11:12:08 AM]  Follow Up: Cross Training

[scof25]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Hoya,

Follow up. Just checked again. The count as running miles box works. Must have been a temporary glitch last night. The other rec's I made might require too much on the code side - ver 3, maybe.

Thanks,

Jeff

[Posted 8/29/2008 5:45:26 PM]  Cross Training

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

scof25 wrote:

Hoya, Hope all is well in the quest for perfection!! You all are doing a great job. Even with the long dissertation, I hope this represents an easy fix for you:

I've created my own "run types" that represent specific cross training events - a series of named workouts with no running but with timed exercises or reps that will vary each time. Adding them as "run types" seemed to be the best way to track each time I do a named workout. I've come across a problem that I can't work-around. The workouts don't show on the running log graph - no mileage associated. When I apply a mileage as a work-around so it will show but uncheck the "count as mileage" box it still shows up in every tally as "ran mileage". Is there a way to (1) allow us to indicate that these added "run types" are either runs or cross training (another box to check when adding a custom run) to have same characteristics as your already programmed cross training or (2) have runs with 0 mileage show up as as standard box size on the running log graphs. Side note: maybe the "count as running miles" function needs to be looked into.

I'm not sure about the miles showing up as running miles because that should be working fine...

Is there a way to
(1) allow us to indicate that these added "run types" are either runs or cross training (another box to check when adding a custom run) to have same characteristics as your already programmed cross training or This functionality is actually already in the system but would take too much to add it to the current site (long story) but it's going into version 2 for sure

(2) have runs with 0 mileage show up as as standard box size on the running log graphs. Side note: maybe the "count as running miles" function needs to be looked into.hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean here when you say "show up as a standard box size"

Thanks for the support!

[Posted 8/30/2008 6:58:26 PM]  Cross Training

[scof25]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Hoya,

Thanks for the response. #2 was a second option in case you hadn't worked #1 in and it sounds like it will be during the next version. You guys are awesome.

Jeff

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.