Running 2 Win

Running2Win - forums

Topic: Team page

[Posted 5/16/2006 2:40:46 PM]  Team page

[dbhc8996]

Total posts: 404
Registered member.
Registered member.

I think each team's page should have the standard set of options on the side of the page so you can quickly switch from one team to another or to any other place in the site.

Reply (you need to log in to reply)

[Posted 5/17/2006 1:29:43 AM]  Team page

[Hoya]

The Boss

Total posts: 4549
Registered member.
Registered member.

Well, I needed the space on the side in order to display the other stuff in the team page but I kept the menu at the top as well as buttons to jump to other areas of the team module. If I were to put the side menu back on it wouldn't give enough room for the team stuff that's on there now.

[Posted 12/31/2007 1:19:15 AM]  Team page

[knappyrunner]

Total posts: 143
Registered member.
Registered member.

what happened to the team pages? you used to be able to view your team and see all of the information for the runners without having to click on their account name. You would see the weeks graph, the mileage of the the most recent run, the previous week's total, along with other things, now there is a drop box with only the names? I don't like this new feature. Please consider changing the team viewing back to an earlier version. with the current one it is too hard to check in on your entire team.

[Posted 12/31/2007 1:28:21 AM]  Team page

[Claunchianity]

The Magician

Total posts: 876
Registered member.
Registered member.

all you have to do is click 'my teams' and then click the hour glass to have the same view as before. now coaches can make multiple groups for their runners and view just those group members on that same view as well.

[Posted 12/31/2007 10:04:30 AM]  Team page

[JoeyB]

Total posts: 716
Registered member.
Registered member.

I really like this new version so far. I was able to make groups and then check whichever ones I needed to check easily.

[Posted 12/31/2007 2:49:23 PM]  Team page

[Pat07421]

Total posts: 127
Registered member.
Registered member.

I liked it when my teams where listed on the front page. Having to click on my teams, then the magnifying glass seems like a lot of work in comparison. The new setup does look good though. Maybe you could put in the teams list under the teams section, but make it collapsible for people who have a lot of teams or something.

[Posted 12/31/2007 2:58:28 PM]  Team page

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

Well, you don't have to expand the team in order to click on the magnifying glass - when you go to the new team page you'll see a list of all the teams you're on and/or created. Over to the right of each team name there is a magnifying glass that brings you to the normal team page - without expanding the team...

[Posted 1/1/2008 5:44:27 AM]  Team page

[eaglesoldier]

Total posts: 57
Registered member.
Registered member.

I tried the new look and it seems that I needed to do a few extra steps in order to r-mail all members in my team. Before the whole team was visible and you just clicked r-mail team and then write your r-mail. I will need to use it more to decide if it is as awkward to use or better after all.

[Posted 1/1/2008 12:00:09 PM]  Team page

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

Actually there are fewer steps... The only thing you need to do is click on the side bar menu "my teams" - this will take you to the new team's page. On that page you will see Icons across from each team. One of them is an envelope () - Just click on that icon and you can rmail the entire team.

The same holds true if you create groups within teams. Just expand the team and for any group there, too, will be a set of icons that will help you manage your team.

[Posted 1/1/2008 12:22:00 PM]  Team page

[JoeyB]

Registered member.
Registered member.

One thing I'd love to see is the view where you expand your team and see the groups and then expand the groups would be to combine that view with the regular team view so that when you expanded the groups, you could see who ran today, yesterday, and week's mileage. Basically, I'd love to have the option to have the groups visible with the team page itself including all the info and forum.

[Posted 1/1/2008 2:55:25 PM]  Team page

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

We'll add the groups to a drop-down on the manage team page so you can jump to any group you like but the reason for not adding too much detail to the new page was for performance. Actually we just replaced the old "my teams" page with the new one but the manage teams page is still the same so really there has been nothing lost - just functionality added...

[Posted 1/1/2008 3:50:57 PM]  Team page

[Claunchianity]

The Magician

Registered member.
Registered member.

links to teams have been added back to the menu and my teams changed to manage teams. there you can view, create/delete, rmail and drill down information for specific groups within teams. we'll add some groups links to the overall manage teams page next.

[Posted 1/1/2008 5:01:17 PM]  Team page

[JoeyB]

Registered member.
Registered member.

Looks great!

[Posted 1/9/2008 1:15:45 AM]  Team page

[Claunchianity]

The Magician

Registered member.
Registered member.

an easier way to search through groups and create groups has been added to the manage teams page.

[Posted 1/9/2008 8:36:54 AM]  Team page

[JoeyB]

Registered member.
Registered member.

It looks good. It will definitely make it easier to keep track of different groups on our team and still be able to communicate with everyone. Any chance of eventually allowing all groups to be displayed but separate in their groups?

[Posted 1/9/2008 9:19:01 AM]  Team page

[Hoya]

The Boss

Registered member.
Registered member.

There is now a drop-down list that on the team page that will allow you to jump from one group to another. The problem with showing the entire team separated by groups is that members can be in multiple groups. This can, of course, be done (we're doing just that on the Teams and Groups page) and might be a different selection in our new drop-down list on the main team page.

home  |  back to forum list    Search the forums.